Text Annotation, Language Engineering, Staffing
Establishing On & Off-site Teams for Multinational Technology Company
Our client, a multinational technology company, needed a partner to assist in sourcing a global workforce of language data analysts in a short time—at a low cost with high productivity. Turning to DataForce, our client advised on specific project requirements and personas in an effort to equip our in-house sourcing team with the knowledge necessary to curate dedicated talent and resources for both short and long-term projects.
• • • •The Solution• • • •
The DataForce team quickly jumped into action to find suitable language data analysts across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Utilizing our strong global network, our in-house staffing team fully managed both the search and onboarding of the candidates, assigning project managers, dedicated leaders, and local experts for each region of the globe. Aside from the recruiting process, the DataForce team provided training on job specifications, managed all work provided from our client to the analyst, and oversaw attrition and throughput.
The scope of the program required the language data analysts to be either remote or on-site, dependent on the project. With different requirements by country, this meant navigating a variety of complexities for our client:
- Location: Within a four-week period from project kickoff, the DataForce team found and secured office spaces globally.
- Staffing: Our in-house team on boarded and trained a team of 10-100 language data analysts per location to execute a long-term program, also within a four-week period.
- Employment: When curating a global workforce, one must take into account the varying regulations around contractual and employment legality. The DataForce team is highly skilled in navigating local labor laws and regulations so our clients don’t have to worry about these complexities.
Utilizing our parent company, TransPerfect, DataForce was able to scale seamlessly by tapping into offices across 140-plus cities worldwide. With some locations being on premise for DataForce, the team had the flexibility to customize the rooms and overall setup to accommodate varying specifications per project. All locations were established based on proximity to our client, our own offices, and flexibility to our workforce to aggregate as many personas as possible. This ongoing project encompasses a variety of locales across Nordic, European, Asian-Pacific, and English-speaking countries:
- Europe & UK: Cork, Stockholm, Prague, Warsaw, Barcelona, Paris, London
- APAC: Singapore, Auckland, Beijing, Hong Kong, Pune.
- Americas: Vancouver, New York.
With varying project requirements come varying needs. DataForce has successfully built 50- to 500-person teams that manage the end-to-end onboarding process in a matter of days or weeks to ensure our client continues to gather the data it needs to ensure success in their products. Being under the TransPerfect umbrella gives us unique capability to provide global breadth for various project types.
As this project advances, DataForce will continue to assemble and train a network of geographically diverse language data analysts across the world in an effort to provide our client with the human data it needs to efficiently train its AI models.
DataForce has a global community of over 1,000,000 members from around the globe and linguistic experts in over 250 languages. DataForce is its own platform but can also use client or third-party tools. This way, your data is always under control.